Friday, March 10, 2006

Convince Teachers: Notes for Future Presentation and Teaching

One very interesting tactic from a presenter at MACUL, he asked "Does anyone have a problem in your school?" I love this idea for me in terms of working with teachers. I feel that by asking teachers for their problems and showing them the possibilities of technology, it establishes me as a more credible source and shows them how to begin brainstorming about technology integration. Ideally, I would like to analyze the brainstorming process. What makes exemplary technology-using teachers figure out ways to use technology? A lot of it has to deal with their pedagogical creativity. From my own opinion, a lot of quality is directly correlated to creativity and it can be taught.

In my own teaching with preservice teachers, I typically ask them to have a SEMESTER LONG THEME which aligns with their topic area. This gives them more focus, and they begin to establish technology-enhanced learning resources as a unit. It also helps them really investigate one topic and see how many great resources are out there and begin the brainstorming process of "I could use that software in this way" and they begin to bounce ideas of each other and draw ideas from each other.

One of the limiting factors is pairing them up with similar interests. Although the trend is to move towards interdisciplinary, by at least pairing up grade levels (i.e., all elementary together) then we could work on the interdisciplinary push much easier.




Turn wired jack into wireless (3COM - XJack/XJAX).
APC Travel Power.
Digital Paper.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: