Monday, September 29, 2008

Week 5, Technology Integration Decisions

Overall, today went well. I felt like there was good interaction with the students. They were able to answer questions and interact with me and each other. All the lecture worksheets questions were designed to deliver in groups. This seemed to promote good student interaction. I will try to incorporate more group questions. I'm not sure that individual questions every really worked well.

Interestingly enough, I can hear students complaining about the readings and how they had no clue where the readings were before. However, they think that with the test review, everything should be OK. We shall see. The more I see about their knowledge of applying standards and objectives, the more nervous I get. We need to make sure that we have multiple copies of the standards. I like this, but we need to have WAY more explanation about this. I'm almost thinking about dropping the objectives section.

We definitely need to have a good/bad objective slides. Games that ask students to select what they would do, what's wrong, etc...

I spent too much time on the students slide. Also, I think we should eliminate objectives and stick with students and environment. The first one,

The video from YouTube is terrible. It had a dirty name for the intro. I missed this. But it provided a laugh.

Perhaps we need a whole section on the objectives. Or at least a tutorial. We will need to talk about how critical this actually is.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: