Thursday, May 19, 2005

PIDT 2005

So PIDT has to be the most amazing experience I've ever had!!! I like the saying "It's like Professor's Camp". I was able to meet some of the biggest names in our field (Reiser, Ragan, Ely, Schwen, Wiley, etc...), gain advice about how to apply for jobs, and other practical advice. Not only was the conference motivating and informative, I have never had such fun! The skit we put together was just what an dorky instructional designer like myself would enjoy. I was also a finalist for the "bite the bag" game - it was much more difficult than it looked! I'm looking forward to taking all the advice and applying it. To check it out, go to PIDT's Home: http://www.wideopendoors.net/pidt/.

Here are the goals I've set for myself after attending PIDT:
Extend graduation until December 2006 or May 2007
Publish at least 3 articles
Complete my pre-lims by August 31st
Begin focusing my dissertation idea
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: